Monday, 19 March 2012

So many ideas so little time!

If you're a keen crafter or hobbyist like myself then I'm sure you often find you have more ideas than you ever have the time to do anything with!

I find I'm always coming up with ideas inspired by the things I see when I'm out and about or surfing the web - the difficulty is deciding which ones to realise.

I'm trying to introduce myself to the buyers market as a producer of handmade, one-off customised and personalised gifts 'reborn' from recycled and reclaimed fabrics. 

In an effort to promote myself I recently launched my new website www.tees2teds.com and opened pages on Etsy, Misi and ToSouk but I don't know that I'm clear enough about the customised/bespoke options available on many of my items.  How can you sell these unique gifts if no-one knows they exist? 


Tooth fairy pillow
There are so many lovely handmade things out there - wonderful creations I'm coming across on the sites  I mentioned and these forums are a really great way of getting in touch with fellow crafters, but how do we get our goodies in the public eye?

Being a small-time, home-based crafter I guess I have to accept that I am a very little fish in very very big pond - but I would like to make a ripple or two on the surface if I could! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment