Friday, 20 April 2012

Gathering inspiration

I've just returned home after a few days visiting family and after hearing such positive feedback on my handmade birthday gifts I am filled with new enthusiasm.  This week I have been looking for new ideas and have produced some bookmarks as part of my recycled fabric range .... 



                    So far I have made a dog, horse, dinosaur and a bear!


Next I'm going to give finger puppets a try but my husband has also tasked me with kitting out the interior of his recently renovated Volkswagen Camper so it looks like I'm going to be busy!  This will involve working with vinyl which I haven't sewn much in the past.

My mother-in-law has also asked me to make her four huge roman blinds for her front room since she saw the one I made for our bathroom window ....



I made this a few months ago along with some matching wall panels out of the remnants ....

I was really pleased at how these turned out but am a little daunted at making four of them for windows 180cm wide!

Looks like I now have plenty of projects on the horizon .... will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment